Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Paris: Musee d'Orsay


When we returned to Paris that early Sunday afternoon, after taking a taxi from Gare De Lyon to check into our hotel, we got on the SNCF line at the traffic circle a block away at Pereire-Levallors station and took the double-decker local train nine stops to the Musee D'Orsay station. Here is a collection of my favorite art in D'Orsay. Notice that there are no photos of statues except the prototype for Liberty; I'm not crazy about statues. Also notice there are no photos of royalty or religious figures. However, three of my favorite paintings on display are images of trains. 


Two places, beautiful, but where I wouldn't want to be:
 in a flood.

Two beautiful places I would like to be.

A painting of a train crossing a river;
 the first train painting in this collection. 

 Train painting #2: at the station.


There were two paintings of the same woman and scene,
 but the other has her facing to the right,
 and her face is more clearly delineated.
 

Two more scenes of places I would love to visit.

A restaurant behind one of the large clocks facing the River Seine 

Train painting #3: In the stockyard. Love it! 

Of all the paintings of nudes,
 the one I'm most attracted to. 

This stained glass art impressed me so. 

The most interesting piece of furniture. 
How would it look in our dining room. Hmm.. 

For a rainy Sunday afternoon, The Musee D'Orsay 
wasn't oppressively crowded. Everyone
 was respectful of each other, with no loud talking. 

I imagine this painting is
 Leona and me with the three girls;
 Ariel is painting, of course. 

I would love to be strolling around in the scene.


Gauguin was the inspiration for Johnny Livewire 
to go to Tahiti in my novella, Smoke No Fire.


One of the two self portraits of Van Gogh on display . I was warned by security not to use the flash on my cell phone that inadvertently went off. 






The view out Musee d'Arcay with the SNCF submerged along the bank of The River Seine. Three stops back, the train emerges
 passed Tour Eiffel station to cross The Seine over a bridge.
 I missed the chance to take a photo of the Eiffel there. Shucks!


1 comment: